Monday, February 14, 2011

First Visit to Thailand - 1989

First time I came on a 14 day Cathay Pacific tour. Three days in Hong Kong then Bangkok.

My initial impressions were the same. Heat, humidity, smelly and sweaty. It's not going to be fun. The tour booked me a single at the Asia Hotel. The room was unbelievably small with a bed smaller than a twin size. Each floor had a matron that sat at a desk beside the elevator. How could you have fun here??

I had read Sparticus travel book and memorized the gay area of Pat Pong. During the day I went to look for the gay bars but, of course everything looks different during the day. At night (8:00pm) I ended up in the girly bar area...nervous and lost. The gay books had warned not to go with a tout but when one asked me if I wanted a boy, desperation won over caution. We walked a long way to a bar and went in. It was too early and there were only a couple of boys there neither of which appealed to me. The tout suggested another bar so I paid the exorbitant bill and off we went.

We came to the top of a soi where the tout turned. I stopped. It was very dark. I asked where? He pointed to a glimmer far down the soi. Everything told me, NO, except my groin which had taken over common sense. We arrived at Lucky 7 and went up the narrow stairs. The room was so dark except for the stage where 9 of the most gorgeous specimens of youth danced in their briefs.

The tout led me to a couch and drinks were ordered. I was mezmerised by the beauty of the boys...one imparticular...number 11. He smiled at me and I smiled back and he immediately jumped off the stage and sat next to me. He took my hand an put it on his thigh and I was in paradise. My breathing was so shallow, I felt a constriction in my chest. This can't be real. Nothing in the world was smoother or softer than his skin. His hands, his sniff kisses, his body movements, his endearments, transported me. I would have sold my soul immediately if the devil had promised this moment would last.

The tout asked if I wanted to off the boy and take him to a room upstairs. Yes! YES! YES! Oh but how much. He talked with the mamasan then said it would be 2000 bhat...everything included, off fee, room, drinks. Not the tip for the boy.

Now I had read not to take more money with you than you planned to spend. I had read the typical cost for a boy and had only brought that. Why was it so expensive? (1989) "Do you take Visa?", I asked meakly.

Oh, the disappointment. We finished the drinks. I reluctantly let go of the boy and gave him a small tip and I went out into the dark soi - shattered...searching for a cold shower.

The next night I was back at Lucky7 at opening with my wallet bulging. When I entered the room, number 11 raced over and embarassed me is a most erotic way. My ego soared to unheard of heights as well as other parts. We took up where we left off the night before. I told the mamasan I wanted the to off the boy and reminded her of the 2000 baht fee. She stared for a moment then said Oh yes...that's right.

Upstairs the room was very dark. We shower together then took to bed and it was glorious. I think I was 5 seconds away from a major heart attack when we both "finished". We cuddled for an additional 20 minutes before showering and returning to the bar.

When we sat down another gorgeous boy sat with us. I became the center of an erotic sandwich. Number 11 introduce is friend and asked if I wanted to off him. Without hesitation, I said Yes and up the stairs we went...money be damned...heart attack be damned...anyway, I had sold my soul the night before.

Too soon it came time to pay the bill. I picked up the cup and the boy grabbed the bill to total it up. He hesitated then showed it to his friend. They both frowned at me. "Paeng mak" He whispered to me what the drinks, the off and the room should cost. When the mamasan came over, I gave her 2000baht. She argued, but I said the bar was ripping me off and the 2000 was more than enough...or maybe the tourist police could mediate. She acquiessed.

I over tipped the boys and said goodbye because the next day the tour took me to Pattaya and surely nothing could compare to Lucky 7.

I was wrong! But nothing will erase every detail of that night in Lucky 7 and my first Thai love, number 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment